wiscuba.com
Milwaukee Car Ferry - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Milwaukee Car Ferry (/showthread.php?tid=414)

Pages: 1 2 3

Milwaukee Car Ferry - DiveCaptDean - 08-21-2004

Well,
We had a nice time on the lake today. It was a bit rough on the way out to the wreck at 9:00am, 3ft with an occasional 4ftr. We got tied up...got divers in the water to enjoy a decent current down to 50ft.....With Viz at the bottom being better than 40ft..By the end of the first dive, the lake had settled a bit 2ft to 3ft...Me divers enjoyed another nice dive, and on the way in, the lake settled to 2ft or less . The sun was out, the water was beautiful, and of course the wreck satisfied all.

Get out and dive!!!!

Deano

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - matt t. - 08-21-2004

Had 2 great dives with WRECK EXPRESS today. Excellent visibility. Bottom temp at 41 degrees. Now if I can just get that scooter to cover more of the area :'( . Maybe next year......

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - DiveCaptDean - 08-21-2004

Good news!!!
Dean has a scooter that one might be able to borrow while on Deans boat. Big Grin

One needs only to ask nicely... :Smile

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - FreediveWI - 08-22-2004

Scooter's rock! ;D

I love mine and I know that Deep Blue has a bunch of them for rent- the real ones and not the cheapo snorkeling scooters that aren't strong enough to pull a fully dressed-out diver.

Jon

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - matt t. - 08-22-2004

Pleeeeeeze? The only requirement I have is that it can haul 3 of us around for a half hour ;D.

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - FreediveWI - 08-22-2004

If you have scooter rings and butt rings on your harness you can hook up three divers, with good trim and bouyancy control, in a row and pull them all with just one scooter- I'm just not sure which one of you want to play "lucky Pierre". Wink

I've done it with two fully loaded divers at a time, so three would just be a bit slower.

Jon

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - DiveCaptDean - 08-23-2004

Three divers with Twins....on one scooter....????you should be able to get around the wreck at least three or four times..... did i mention that we would be doing the Gillen? Wink

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - scubert - 08-23-2004

You shouldn't have mentioned it, and most divers wouldn't have even known Wink
How many times have you had to get into the engine room to check the builders plate to verify that we were on the Willie instead of the Gillen? ;D

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - matt t. - 08-23-2004

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - DiveCaptDean - 08-23-2004

Matt confided in me last Saturday that The Gillen was, by far, his favorite wreck to dive, and that he would be only too happy to dive it daily..