wiscuba.com
Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? (/showthread.php?tid=422)

Pages: 1 2

Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - Omicron - 08-26-2004

I just got done renewing my DAN Master dive insurance.

Out of curiosity, what do some of you do?? I know that my health plan will cover a lot of the hyperbaric treatments as part of my regular insurance, but I like the added security that the DAN insurance brings.

Do you do dive insurance? What type?

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - NEHDAD - 08-26-2004

I use the DAN insurance program as after contacting my health care insurance provider that they cover very little if anything if I am outside of the US.

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - scubert - 08-26-2004

I use the DAN Master insurance.

Most health insurance plans do not necessarily cover odd-ball things like a chamber ride, and almost certainly won't cover a helicopter trip for that chamber ride.
Even if they do cover all that domestically, as NEHDAD says, they won't cover it out of the country.

Plus as a member of DAN I get the swell 'Alert Diver' newsletter, and tons of junk mail asking if I want a DAN credit card Tongue

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - Chris H - 08-26-2004

DAN Master

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - Omicron - 08-26-2004

At least I'm not the only one getting nailed with all of those credit card offers.

One funny thing I just noticed, after printing off my temporary card - they change the fish on their cards from year to year - kinda cool.

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - jasondbaker - 08-26-2004

DAN Master here.

Anyone ever compare it to Diveassure?

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - Omicron - 08-26-2004

No, I haven't.

Although I was just talking to my girlfriend, and she said there was a big comparison of dive insurances in Rodales recently. I'm trying to dig up the article online somewhere.

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - WIdiver_Paul - 08-27-2004

The projects I work on REQUIRE DAN master insurance.

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - Omicron - 08-27-2004

I've always regarded DAN as the best. I guess this review said otherwise, which is kind of why I was looking for it.

Re:Dive Insurance - What Do You Do? - drifter1430 - 08-27-2004

Paul, What kind of projects do you do that "require" the insurance?