Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive trip Port Washington 9-17-05
09-18-2005, 06:43 AM,
Dive trip Port Washington 9-17-05
Wow a Great Day to dive the Great lake! Had several pals out today, Pastor Mike from MKE and John from Mad city,
Dive #1 was the Mahoning, John drop the marker bouy=Dead nuts on the Mahonings bow,We laid out some anchor line for scope and set up.The lake was flat, flat, a quick set up and in the water. they were both diving wet I dove dry=Whimp but was nice and warm! The viz was about mid 20'-30'ish and we did a tour of the site and  Steam water pump off  the Starboard side the water temps read on our computers were 41 - 44 so low 40's
  Dive #2
Off north to the Niagara
Was some news that some one was out with a trash pump jetting on her! This wreck has had enough! so I had to see,Well two things as we tied off viz looked top to bottom???? and one of my Bud's was going to sit this dive out-Wish he would of dove her but he was cold and made a good call.
Mike and I hit the water and wow viz was Sweet! wish I had a cam and could shoot Macro! Gin clear water but cold!!! 39 is on my rig 41 on Mikes,We did a quick swim to the boilers,then back to the main wreck with a slight current from the south,
  In the section that I find the most china parts it did look like more was un covered,lots and lots more! but that could be just the algae die off too? not sure but Mike found a section of three or four plates that looked melted to each other! This was a Great dive and well I got cold hands from using wet gloves v.s. my dry gloves and I called the dive,Mike did tell me top side  he was getting a bit cold too!
  Well then we did a video drop on several hits on sonar and well no new wreck this week to report just a stone out crop in a area off Port .More  hits to look at and more things to dive.
All and all It was a Great Dive day! 
09-18-2005, 06:47 AM,
Re: Dive trip Port Washington 9-17-05
SI Mike top side Off Niagara bouy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   100_2074.JPG_thumb (Size: 24.92 KB / Downloads: 0)