Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
03-08-2004, 09:16 PM,
Re:Lake Wazee
The dive has to end sooner or later. Here Jason is searching for the hole or something. Use the rope. It is very pretty under the ice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Jason_-_65_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.74 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-08-2004, 09:20 PM,
Jason has found the hole.

.jpg_thumb   Jason_-_66_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.16 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-08-2004, 09:23 PM,
Here is Jason out of the ice. The view through the ice can be stunning. Just looking at the texture and the forms can make the dive.

Look close in this picture. Can you see the 100 foot buoy? It is there, but faint.

.jpg_thumb   Under_the_Ice_-_15_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.3 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-08-2004, 09:30 PM,
Here is a view through the ice. Who is that up there?

Ice diving is a lot of fun. Looking forward to the open water season which will probably start in April.

Find your favorite diving place and go. You missed out if you did not make the ice dive season.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Under_the_Ice_-_9_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.66 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-09-2004, 06:49 AM,
Great pictures!!

Those are indeed some photos of the most relaxing spots I know as well...last weekend did me good. Even though I had a blast diving, I'm definitely ready for the warm weather though. Bring on the melting!!!
03-10-2004, 03:27 PM,
This winters back surgery has kept me out of the water for far too long. Thanks Doug for taking the pictures. I am happy to see that all had a very good time.

Dean
03-10-2004, 04:09 PM,
Looks like you had a lot of fun up there.

I guess I should have headed up that way instead of watching the sleet and 40 mph winds blow through Milwaukee Sunday morning- ruining any chances of a charter. :'(

Jon
03-24-2004, 10:46 AM,
I just got back from walking my dog out at Lake Wazee. Still lots of ice (enough for a 60 lb lab) to skid on without breaking through. You can hear the ice melting and its popping and percolating. A few small areas right off the shore have small bits of open water, but nothing you could use to dive out of. The water is very low, the lowest I've ever seen it. Over by Sherwood Forest there's probably another five feet of new sand exposed.

Give it another week of this nice weather and hopefully some warm rain and it should be melted enough to dive. 8)
03-24-2004, 11:04 AM,
That's it. Me and my dynamite are going to go make me some open water. I want to dive ;D
03-24-2004, 01:28 PM,
Thanks Andy! I can't wait for the "OPEN WATER" reports to come rolling in. Gotta try the new stuff out.

Todd