Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
04-09-2007, 07:33 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee
Jim,
I´ve not camped there myself, but I have visted campers.  My memory is that the sites are all "rustic" in that I don't believe there is anything by real estate.

I'm sure others that camp there regularly will chime in.  My wife and I did stay pretty cheaply at a mom and pop motel in town one time.  Around $65 if memory serves.

Good luck,
Mike
04-09-2007, 09:21 PM,
The sites at Wazee are all primitive.  There are fire rings, picnic tables pit toilets and a pump for water.  There are a couple of private campgrounds in the area that do have power hookups.  I did a google search and found "Lost Falls" campground that wouldn't be too far away.  The state forest campgrounds in the area are mostly without power, except for 5 hookups at the Castle Mound campground.

Jeff
04-10-2007, 05:32 AM,
I did a search on Lake Wazee and amoung other things came up with East and West Arbutus County Parks.  Are these along ways out?  Anybody been there?

Jim
04-10-2007, 09:37 AM,
anyone know what the viz is like at wazee???
04-10-2007, 11:07 AM,
Most recent report I heard was from 4/2. 
04-10-2007, 04:50 PM,

From taking a look at mapquest, Lake Arbutus looks to be about 7-8 miles north of Lake Wazee.

Lake Wazee is just off of Brockway Rd, about 1/2 mile north of Castle Mound Rd.

Jeff
04-10-2007, 09:34 PM,
Just a note regarding East and West Arbutus Campgrounds; they are operated by Jackson County Parks just like Wazee.  They are the main largest campgrounds in Jackson County and offer the greatest amount of amenities of the county-run campgrounds.  The majority of the sites are electric and there are shower facilities, RV dump stations, firewood, etc. available.  You can check the Jackson County website for more information.

It has been my experience that it is very easy to get a campsite before Memorial Day weekend and you will have most of the park to yourself and most likely you will have to self-register as the contact station may be only manned on limited hours and just on weekends.  After Memorial Day weekend, it fills right up but you can still usually find campsites.

Nice places to camp, course I grew up in Jackson County and have camped at all the campgrounds in the area.
04-11-2007, 08:25 AM,

Sounds like a good base for operations for what I have in mind.  Thanks for the info!

Jim
04-25-2007, 09:16 PM,
A couple us us guys dove Wazee Wednesday evening.  The water is getting really balmy the first 15 feet or so, I believe it was 48 degrees.  We'll be ready for 3mm wetsuits pretty soon.  Temps the rest of the way were around 38-41.  We surface swam to the deep buoy by the wall, dropped down and then worked our way back up along the wall.  Vis was the usual15-25 feet and then much better 15 feet and above for our safety stop.

A nice evening for a nice dive.  I did see a nice size smallmouth bass just after our safety stop, so it would appear the fish are starting to come back shallow.
04-26-2007, 11:30 AM,
Yeah, I was out there last Saturday and I was surprised how many fish were out around the fish cribs over at the Sherwood dive site.  Several bass, a nice size walleye and lots of suckers.