Remember me
Lost Password Register

Willie & Dredge 7/2/06
09-08-2006, 05:21 AM,
Re: Willie & Dredge 7/2/06
Matt - No secret. If you want to get on a charter, just call my buddy (you should be able to figure out who he is) and ask him, he is in charge of the scheduling. ;D
09-14-2006, 08:00 PM,
Could someone give me a detailed description of a Willie dive?  Not so much the dive itself, as I'm fine once I get in the water, but the trip out, the trip back, doing this with a wet suit, not dry and I'm a cold little thing.  I don't want to get out there, enjoy my dive and then freeze to death all the way back and not want to do it ever again. Sad
The only good diver is a wet diver.
09-14-2006, 08:22 PM,
Not sure what you're looking for. This time of the year it's still fairly warm for the rides out abd back.  Take along a sweat shirt and sweat pants and change into them after your dive/dives and enjoy the ride back. Depending on what boat you're on there may be room in the cabin for the ride. Have fun! Wink
09-14-2006, 08:34 PM,
Down in Cozumel the boat trips I've been on have supplied drinks and sometimes snacks, do the guys around here to that or should we plan to bring our own?
The only good diver is a wet diver.
09-14-2006, 10:01 PM,
it certainly depends on who you dive with......a couple of the milwauke boats are larger and have plenty of warm cabin room.....a couple dont....nordic diver and len-derhave warmth..you will prep all gear on the dock and then load it...you will board in clothes and then put on your suit as you are headding out..if you dive dry..you may put it on at the dock..depending on the day...the captain and crew will let you know when to suit up..if you let them know that you are a new big lake diver....if wet, you may want to bring a thermos of hot water to pour into your suit just prior to getting in the water...for most wet divers....two dives will be enough for you for that day..you will be cold.....bring a towel...and sweat pants/ shirt etc.....the ride out and back is roughly 1/2 hr on the two previously mentioned dive boats......about 4 miles at 8 to 10 knots...the wind back in can get cold..so dress for it......you will be fine...just try to buddy with someone that has some experience on the big lake..it is not the caribbean nor is it wazee or lannon...at this time of year expect waves of 3ft or so..and be happy with less.....many dive in rougher weather, but i dont hink you belong there if you are asking this question....3 to 4 ft here is much rougher than 3 to 4 in the ocean.  Bring your own drinks and snacks..i am sure that you will find water..maybe soda..and either locorice or charms blow pops...oh yes..jerry willl probably have gold fish, but not always......you will be helped into and out of your gear at the rail...and you will either reverse roll....nordic diver..or giant stride..most of the others...be safe..have fun.........maybe hook up with a  dive shop for a charter.......G/L....i use UW Connection have fun
10-11-2006, 05:42 AM,
Willie 10.10.06

Waves 2 to 4 foot

Water temp 54@ surface  52@ depth

Visibility - marginal -  8 foot???  Lots of white suspended particles, like diving through a cloud.
We come in peace.
10-11-2006, 05:44 AM,
WOW !!!  Wrong profile. Sorry.  :-[
We come in peace.
10-11-2006, 06:56 AM,
Man Brian,
You breathing that gas ur mixing in your garage?
Narced on land,,
err
try to dive safe and get them certs!
Brad
10-11-2006, 09:13 AM,
Maybe I should lower the percentage of Nitrous Oxide I'm filling my bottles with  >Big Grin
10-11-2006, 07:36 PM,
Or get a blender card ???