Re: Red Granite...
anybody up for redgranite this weekend?

Jason
11-24-2006, 07:24 PM,
How about tomorrow (Sat.)?
12-21-2006, 12:10 PM,
I just heard that a local from Redgranite was beaten up by some punks, and the guys three wheel bike was tossed in the drink.  >Sad 

I heard that a couple of divers are trying to find the bike.  Would be a good christmas present for the guy.  I wish the guy a speedy recovery and hope he gets his bike back! Big Grin

If any of you are the searchers, I've got a 100# lift bag, so let me know if you need it!
DEW >&ltWink)>
12-21-2006, 12:29 PM,

People Suck.  Those punks sound really tough. 
12-21-2006, 02:39 PM,
Any idea of what side they threw it in?
12-21-2006, 03:36 PM,
Last sunday myself and a buddy searched the waters of red granite behind the resturant.  We looked along the edge at certain points (On the advice of red granite police and local kids).  We were in the water for about an hour, BUT with NO luck of finding the bike.  I had to give up when I ran out of argon.

The conditions were LESS than ideal for the search.  <5ft viz 

The water is still open, and I am certain there is alot of area we missed....take a look!!  Good luck

12-21-2006, 04:21 PM,
So, they think it was thrown in behind the restaurant?

12-21-2006, 07:57 PM,

Thats what the police told us.

As you face away from the restaurant and toward the quarry....they believe it to be on the left side.  That is the side we focused on but given the viz, it still could be there. 
Some local kids also told us that they have seen people throw bikes off that side.
01-02-2007, 05:54 PM,
Stopped in today for a snorkel.  Viz is still crap at ~5' on the surface. Tongue  There is some ice by the pickel factory and it's thin enough to punch thru.  You could ice dive it without a rope,  but I doubt you could see much given vizability.  I might dive it tomorrow.
DEW &gt;&ltWink)&gt;