Remember me
Lost Password Register

UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall
07-18-2003, 11:37 AM,
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall
There's enough good gear out there, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and then break on you, that people can buy. Instead of always trying to sell the latest and greatest toy, like split fins, people could buy something much simpler, that works, and use the rest of their money to go diving- like on a charter boat. Big Grin

I have had the good fortune, and sometimes the misfortune, to wok for many different shops, both in Wisconsin and California, and there are stores that are really interested in promoting diving and keeping people active, without ripping them off at every turn, and then there are other shops, that don't have a CLUE when it comes to diving, who are only in the business to sell more trinkets. Those are the shops that cut corners and try and rush people through knowing full well that they will probably never stay with it.

Joe Giess, former Course Director and rep, once told me that every business has some screw balls and the dive industry is no different, but for some reason the Wisconsin/ Illinois region got more than it's fair share compaered to the rest of the country- he was right.

You could also completely outfit a freediver, with some really nice gear, for the price of just that one computer. If your already diving with mulitple computers you've spent too much money- but to the good fortune of whomever sold it all to you. You could easliy set yourself up to dive for less, but that's up to you to justify what you've wasted your money on. Lord knows I have bought some real junk in the past, but I admit it was junk and got rid of it. Other things I got to try just once and realizedit was junk before I ever wasted any money on it- like bondage wings.

I say spend less time buying all the latest toys and more time enjoyning yourslef in the water- which is what it really is all about.

Since you know so much about me Tom, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself? Wink

Jon

Messages In This Thread
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by FreediveWI - 07-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-18-2003, 12:02 PM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 09-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Re:UWATEC Smart Computers: Voluntary Recall - by Omicron - 07-17-2003, 11:29 AM