Remember me
Lost Password Register

Kewaunee
12-17-2008, 06:06 PM,
Re: Kewaunee
I grew up in Kewaunee, did a boat dive out by the mile marker this past summer.  My dad and his buddy launched a hobbie cat from that beach you talked about.  In summer that beach is just solid algea, muck, and goose poop, they had to wade through about 25 feet of it before they got to clean water and then it was only knee deep for for a long ways out.  There is also a serious current coming through that opening between the containment and the north break wall so be careful.  As for the main harbor, that water never get much clearer than about 5-10 feet of visability because of the river.  The inner harbor by Salmon Harbor Marina isn't so bad, but it depends on runoff.  My dads buddy and I have done some search and recovery work for boaters in that marina (lost bimini, rhinestone dog collar, prescription glasses,and a solar cell).  The visibility was about 10-15 feet, but kind of milky dark, not very clear.  We are thinking about diving around the government yard for lost tools and stuff this summer.  Send me an e-mail if your interested.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Kewaunee - by Dewit2it - 12-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Re: Kewaunee - by scubanut - 12-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Re: Kewaunee - by Dewit2it - 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Re: Kewaunee - by scubanut - 12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Re: Kewaunee - by Dewit2it - 12-20-2008, 02:07 AM