Remember me
Lost Password Register

CCR dangerous?
07-21-2009, 07:04 AM,
Re: CCR dangerous?
First of all, to my knowledge, the most recent fatality off Port Washington was open circuit. But let's not discuss that here.

Second, as a relatively new CCR diver, they still scare the hell out of me, and I'm thankful every time I get out of the water after a rebreather dive. Even with all the most recent advances in CCR technology, they are still very temperamental machines, and using one is pretty much as close to being dependant on a machine for life support as you're going to get outside of a hospital.

With the above being said, I can say I have never been nervous about my rebreather underwater while on a dive. I can only attribute this to training that has made me confident in my ability to handle any problem I could encounter. And meticulous assembly and maintenance on my rebreather. It's the same way I feel about cave diving. Thinking about a dive, and even afterwards gives me a little bit of the willies. But as soon as I hit the water, it's autopilot. But, yes, check out rebreatherworld.com for loads of in depth information.
Technical Diver

Messages In This Thread
CCR dangerous? - by jmohns - 07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
CCR dangerous? - by Vtach - 07-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Re: CCR dangerous? - by Vtach - 07-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Re: CCR dangerous? - by systematic.entropy - 07-21-2009, 07:04 AM