Remember me
Lost Password Register

october/november diving?
10-14-2003, 08:06 PM,
Re:october/november diving?
While it's true that it would be eaiser to get out to the end with freediving gear I would try something easier.

You could go around the lake a litte further to the west and enter by some of the apartment that line the west end. There are a couple of, almost hidden, parking lots that go right down to the lake. It will be much easier to carry your gear. Monona Terrace might also be an easier dive.

Devil's Lake is low due to the dry summer. They actually weren't able to run the pipe as much as they wanted to due to the low water conditions. The pipe didn't cause them.

I would hit one of the Waushura county lakes if you didn't want to drive all the way up to Wazze. They are about the same travel time as Devil's Lake, from Madison, and are much clearer right now.

You could also take a ride down to Pearl Lake, in Beloit, and pay whatever ridiculous price that they are charging right now. I would even make a run down there but the owner will NOT allow freediving in his lake- I've tried to talk to him but he won't listen. :Smile

Waubesa is starting to clear, but still not that great right now.

I hope that helps you out.

Jon

Messages In This Thread
october/november diving? - by gzscuba - 10-14-2003, 02:51 PM
Re:october/november diving? - by FreediveWI - 10-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Re:october/november diving? - by jasondbaker - 10-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Devil's Lake - by gzscuba - 10-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Re:october/november diving? - by FreediveWI - 10-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Re:october/november diving? - by Omicron - 10-19-2003, 08:52 PM