Remember me
Lost Password Register

WI Divers - Please contact your legislators - details inside
03-01-2011, 01:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2011, 01:02 PM by Tamara Thomsen.)
Re: WI Divers - Please contact your legislators - details inside
Well, our call in to your legislator campaign must be working.... Below is the latest from the DNR's Endangered Species Group. WE MUST NOT GIVE UP !!!   This looks favorable, but we can't give up until we see this written in the ammendments and have it passed into law.  Please continue to call in and speak with your assembly person!!!

If you can, show up tomorrow to speak, if you can't, call in to the legislators.

" Tami, John, Ethan : I've received a few calls from folks asking how NR 40 may impact diving. This is the information I have been sending out to callers and the legislature. Just let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi. Thanks again for your call. Below is an excerpt from our website describing the impact of the new rules on diving, as well as a link to the site. Please forward on to those you feel would like to know. Erin

Implementation of the NR 40 with regard to diving and cave diving:
  • Diving in lakes, rivers or any other water surface water body is not restricted by the proposed changes to NR 40.

Cave diving at sites that are fully inundated with water is also exempt from the proposed changes to NR 40.

The department is currently working with the diving community to develop decontamination protocols for sump diving. While the protocols are in development, there is no restriction on sump diving.
"

Please continue to call and express your concern!!!  If you receive this response email or something similar from your legislator, ask that they write this into amendements (because it is not changed yet) and that they respond via email when that has occurred!

Messages In This Thread
Re: WI Divers - Please contact your legislators - details inside - by Tamara Thomsen - 03-01-2011, 01:00 PM