Remember me
Lost Password Register

where's the snow?
12-28-2003, 10:57 AM,
Re:where's the snow?
Small world! I patrolled at Alpine Valley for 8 years. I used to be on the reigonal First Aid Test team that tested new patrollers.

When i was a junior we went to Crest De Butte for a week long training seminar. I was the only Junior out there on Tele's at the time. It was pretty cool. I even got to see them run the Grand National's Tele championships that year. THat was back in the days of "Stein-comps". THose were 40 year old leather down hill boots that people would resole and then build up the back with PVC pipe to race with. Things have come a long way since then.

Last time I skied around here was about 4-5 years ago. I went out to Devil's Head and skiied for the morning. I got so bored I drove home and went mountin biking for the rest fo the day instead. Wink
I still will go X-C if theres snow, but we don't have much of that around right now. :'(

I wanted to go out spearfihsing yesterday but my buddy just got back form Cozumel and has a bit of Montezuma's revenge goiong on- or he ahs just turned into a massive wimp after seeing what warm water is like and is blowing me off! Big Grin

Jon

Messages In This Thread
where's the snow? - by JacobsonC2 - 12-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Re:where's the snow? - by FreediveWI - 12-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Re:where's the snow? - by JacobsonC2 - 12-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Re:where's the snow? - by FreediveWI - 12-28-2003, 10:57 AM
Re:where's the snow? - by JacobsonC2 - 12-28-2003, 12:51 PM