Remember me
Lost Password Register

Moving to Madison from California.
04-08-2004, 10:36 AM,
Re:Moving to Madison from California.
John,

HAae you had a chance to dive the Hogan? I read about it's discovery after my last trip out there and wondered if it was worth a dive. It sounded kind of interesting to me.

Last, two, times I was out to Sane Diego La Jolla cove was closed due to pollution run off. I ended up diving off of the MArine room one time and down to Bird Rock another- where there was a heck of a rip current. Wink Lots of dives in the canyon and then a bunch up near LA- Dana point, Shaw's cove and places like that.

One time I was divemastering for an instructor off of Shaw's Cove and the weather picked up while we were down. We ended up having to drag the sutdent's in through the surf one at a time- actually, I had to do all of the swimming while he waited with the rest of the group outside the surf line. It was a wild day,but we had a good time. I can't imagine openwater students from Wisconsin doing that on there first two openwater dives around here, but out there you just dealt with it.

Doing my instrcutor training out there taught me a ton about surf and currents- Istill think learning to dive through surf, safely, is a whole lot harder than learning to deco dive.

Jon

Messages In This Thread
Madison diving links - by WIdiver_Paul2 - 12-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Re:Moving to Madison from California. - by FreediveWI - 04-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Re:Moving to Madison from California. - by Omicron - 06-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Re:Moving to Madison from California. - by Omicron - 06-26-2003, 11:48 AM