Remember me
Lost Password Register

info about dry glove systems needed
04-16-2003, 11:05 AM,
Re:info about dry glove systems needed
I just have the two part ring. There is an inner plastic ring and an outer rubber ring. The rubber gloves themselves have an o-ring in them that snaps on like tuperware.

You can buy the gloves like that to start with, but you can also make your own for a lot less money. Just take your standard rubber chemical glove and drape it over a pony bottle or something similar. Then put a thin layer of glue around the cuff and roll it up one level to glue the cuff to itself. Once it dires you just repeat to the next level up. Keep doing this until you get a nice thick o-ring seal on the cuff. You'll end up with a super strong glove that you made yourself.

I am not aware of any clamp type sytem that you would use? ??? The glove just snaps on.

Inside of the glove I have seen peopl put all kinds of crazy straws to keep the air flowing. I have always just used the thumb loop from my drysuit undewear. It is small and always attached to my suit so I won't loose them. You don't need, or want, any big tubes running through because if you ever put a hole in a glove you would end up flooding your suit. This is also why I keep my wrist sela intact on my suits. If something ever fails on a glove, I want my suit to stay dry.

If that doesn't answer your question I can take some pictures and post them later on today.

Jon

Messages In This Thread
info about dry glove systems needed - by scubert - 04-16-2003, 07:27 AM
Re:info about dry glove systems needed - by FreediveWI - 04-16-2003, 11:05 AM
thanks to all for the great info - by scubert - 04-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Re:info about dry glove systems needed - by JoelW - 04-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Re:info about dry glove systems needed - by Omicron - 04-21-2003, 03:13 PM
initial results on drygloves - by scubert - 05-02-2003, 08:05 AM
Re:info about dry glove systems needed - by Vtach - 05-06-2003, 08:43 AM
dry glove are the BEST - by scubert - 05-08-2003, 10:14 PM