Remember me
Lost Password Register

info about dry glove systems needed
04-16-2003, 12:45 PM,
Re:info about dry glove systems needed
I have the standard system that come on the DUI suits. I am able to change the wrist seals myself as they are sandwiched between two plastic rings. I use industrial rubber gloves pulled over the rings. The wrist seals are intact, and unlike freediver I use small surgical tubing inserted in the wrist seals to equalize the gloves. My undersuit does not have tabs. I have seen other people use all forms of "straws" but a scrap of towel works well too. If you flood the glove you take it off and pull the tubes. You will get a little wet but nothing major. It's unavoidable. Some people carry a set of neoprene gloves in their drysuit pocket in case the end up flooding a glove. I only do this when conditions are really critical such as ultra low water temps or long dives.

I slashed one of my gloves this weekend getting on the dive boat. No problem, a pair only costs 4 bucks!

My backup drysuit has the Diving concepts system. I liked it alot and the gloves were very warm. The new version has removable liners I think. Good thing as my old ones took forever to dry. The gloves were easy to put on yourself and the system fit any drysuit.

I see alot of si tech gloves lately with their screw on design. These are also easy to put on yourself so I am sure that system is pretty good. I am not sure if either diving concepts or si-tech can be used with the industrical gloves pulled over the rings. I can checkout my suit later and see if they look like they would seal.

Hope that helps,

Darren

Messages In This Thread
info about dry glove systems needed - by scubert - 04-16-2003, 07:27 AM
Re:info about dry glove systems needed - by Achtung - 04-16-2003, 12:45 PM
thanks to all for the great info - by scubert - 04-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Re:info about dry glove systems needed - by JoelW - 04-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Re:info about dry glove systems needed - by Omicron - 04-21-2003, 03:13 PM
initial results on drygloves - by scubert - 05-02-2003, 08:05 AM
Re:info about dry glove systems needed - by Vtach - 05-06-2003, 08:43 AM
dry glove are the BEST - by scubert - 05-08-2003, 10:14 PM