Remember me
Lost Password Register

rebreathers- anybody out there looking at them?
08-03-2004, 01:46 PM,
Re:rebreathers- anybody out there looking at them?
I'm certified on the Dolphin and Deep Blue is offering courses on the Dolphin and the Ray.

If your interested in one of the 'big boys', like an Inspiration, then go over to the MNSCUBA board. The guys on there know a LOT about rebreathers. They even have the largest rebreather facility in this part of the country up there- Going Under Diving.

From what I have read from Chuck, the lead rebreather instructor up there, the Frog is pretty much of a death trap. They do teach the Megdalon, Dolphin, Inspiration, and possibly some others.

Going to a rebreather is going to mean you have to start learning to dive all over again, it doesn't matter how many O.C. cards you have because everything is different. The biggest thing for me to relearn was bouyancy control. I am used to being able to conrtol my bouyancy with just my lungs, but that doesn't work with a rebreather.

There are other reasons as to why you would, or wouldn't want to dive one, but the guys on that board would have ALL of the answers for you.

Jon

Messages In This Thread
Re:rebreathers- anybody out there looking at them? - by FreediveWI - 08-03-2004, 01:46 PM