Remember me
Lost Password Register

Shipwreck hunters and divers, what's on your 'list'?
08-22-2004, 10:43 AM,
Re:Shipwreck hunters and divers, what's on your 'list'?
I too am very impressed with Jerrys new Sidescan unit. I would love for him to jump out to the Milwaukee, and find some railroad cars...He had not done this last i spoke to him about the sonar....but he has been pretty busy finding new wrecks almost daily (it seems) justa short distance from harbor....

There have to be litterally hundreds of wrecks along the Wisconsin shoreline of Lake Michigan. I assume many are very deep, thus not being found as yet. There of course, are plenty in the shallows as well yet to be found. This is what makes what we do so damn fun....any day, we could stumble onto something and be the first to dive a site....love that feeling...

The Ashtabula has been dove..i am certain of that...fore sure by hard hat divers....for salvage efforts...I know someone to ask about the possiblities of her being dove in the 60's...I will do so, and see what he knows...I'll keep all posted...This same person has a pretty good chance of knowing the locations of several wrecks, blips,,,etc..he is a little tight with his info, maybe someday.....he has been around on the lake since the 50's, and was one of those original divers...

continue to dream....i will be

deano

Messages In This Thread
Re:Shipwreck hunters and divers, what's on your 'list'? - by DiveCaptDean - 08-22-2004, 10:43 AM