Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving Lake Michigan
10-22-2004, 09:27 PM,
Re:Diving Lake Michigan
hey chaser,
welsome to the site. you will be fine for a while in a wet suit. you will be most comfortable in the mid summer months, but i have plenty of divers dive wet all season long. its a bit cold, but is done regularly. regarding your boat. i understand that you are comfortable on the lake in 3 to 4 footers..keep in mind..you will be tied up to a mooring...you will not float on top of the cresting water when you are tied to something. you wont be able to dive off that boat..comfortably in 4 footers...most dive boats usually dont go out in that weather anyway as it can make it difficult to get divers out of the water...there are two wrecks in the area that are moored by the state.....the Lumberman and the Dredge #6 ..aka(906) the rest are moored by us local charters. you would be looking for yellow or clay colored rope with some type of jug on it. usually a couple of laundry soap jugs, or thanks to Matt Tag setting me up, a couple have a five gallon white jug on them. ( by the way Matt...can you get me a couple more????)Without looking deeper, i dont know what wreck you are talking about..but unless its something new, and its in 33 ft.....it cant help but be broken up...Milwaukee is a great place to dive..there are a ton of wrecks here .....and jerry guyer (lender charters) keeps finding more each year. thre are many publications out there to help youget to the wrecks..some or off by a little, so are pretty close....if you for some reason are not able to find them...let me know..i can give you the common sites....i look forward to seeing you out there..keep in mind..some courtesy to the dive charter boats would be greatly appreciated..we are happy to help you out if you help us out as well. often..smaller boats tie up to our sterns as there are not many moorings on all wrecks..just think "kindness", and enjoy your diving.

Deano
wreckxpress dive charters

Messages In This Thread
Diving Lake Michigan - by fishchaser - 10-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Re:Diving Lake Michigan - by matt t. - 10-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Re:Diving Lake Michigan - by DiveCaptDean - 10-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Re:Diving Lake Michigan - by DiveCaptDean - 10-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Re:Diving Lake Michigan - by fishchaser - 10-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Re:Diving Lake Michigan - by DiveCaptDean - 10-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Re:Diving Lake Michigan - by divbum - 10-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Re:Diving Lake Michigan - by scubert - 10-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Re:Diving Lake Michigan - by fishchaser - 10-28-2004, 10:35 AM