Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diver in tsunami
01-01-2005, 09:37 AM,
Re:Diver in tsunami
I dove this site January 11, 2002. Checked my dive log and found that my maximum depth was 70 feet. I recall this as a great multilevel dive. Here is what I wrote concerning this site. It is a beautiful place to dive.

Koh Bida Nok
Phi Phi Island
Phuket
Thailand

Site Info

Max Depth: The maximum depth can easily go over 100 feet in this area. Plan your dive to give you time to enjoy this site.

Directions: Go by boat using one of the local dive charters. This is a along an island, so very easy to find. This site is very popular for good reason.

Dive Types: Great multilevel dive site. Bring a camera as this site has some great picture opportunities.

Visibility: Is very good in this area when the wind is moderate, such as typical in winter. Visibility is good but nothing to write home about in windy weather.

Things To See

1) Anemones – There are a lot of anemones and they are beautiful. The variety of colors is amazing.
2) Fish – A great variety of fish in this area. There are plenty of clownfish in the anemones. You can get into schools of fish and have them swim around you, even nip at the hair on your legs. There is a neat overhang with fish in it at this site. Crocodile longtom, oriental sweetlips and bannerfish are just some of the sites.
3) Sharks – There are some sharks in this area. Especially Leopard sharks and even whale sharks. You could get lucky and see them.
4) Creatures – Sea snakes, large clams, multicolored sea urchins, featherstars, moray eels, spiny lobsters and just about anything else can be around. Look for the small stuff like sea horses and pipefish.
5) Corals – The variety of coral and colors is amazing. This is a great site just for the variety of coral that is in this area.
6) Shipwreck – There was a newly sunk shipwreck when I was at this location. It was a fishing vessel that sunk only 2 months earlier and no one knew why. Hopefully it is still there as it was a nice addition to the site.

Messages In This Thread
Diver in tsunami - by jasondbaker - 12-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Re:Diver in tsunami - by fishchaser - 12-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Re:Diver in tsunami - by pink_fins - 12-31-2004, 09:17 AM
Re:Diver in tsunami - by pink_fins - 12-31-2004, 09:18 AM
Re:Diver in tsunami - by dfreeman - 01-01-2005, 09:37 AM