Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving-related books
07-22-2005, 09:00 PM,
Re: Diving-related books
Dang, you guys hit all my favorite books.

Sheck's Caverns Measureless to man is good.  I like the book "Taming of The Slough" as well - it's about the exploration of Peacock Springs.  Good read.

Neutral Buoyancy is a very neat read on the history of diving and one man's experience with diving. 

Deep descent, the last dive, etc, etc - all the "staples" are good.  I know I'll be picking up a few more from the ones you all mentioned here though.

Admitting this book shows how bad of a dive geek I am, but the NSS-CDS Cave Diving Manual was dang near riveting.

The "100 Best Great Lakes Shipwrecks" books by Chris Kohl - very good books.  Nice writeups on the history, crew and sinking circumstances of each wreck along with full color photos.  An excellent book - it's not a diving guide, it's a good read.

Wild Gales & Tattered Sails by Paul J Creviere JR - more good stories on lakes shipwrecks.

Ghost Ships, Gales & Forgotten Tales by Wes Oleszewski - again, some EXCELLENT stories on great lakes wrecks.

I'm a history geek too, so those books really do it for me.

There is one last one, but I can't think of the title or author.  It's the history of the great lakes rescue crews - essentially the origin of the rescue crews, lighthouses, etc on the lakes.  Not exactly diving related, but it has a connection.

Messages In This Thread
Diving-related books - by ethanb - 06-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Re: Diving-related books - by MikeS - 06-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Re: Diving-related books - by matt t. - 06-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Re: Diving-related books - by Omicron - 07-22-2005, 09:00 PM