Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dim-witted bulb?
07-26-2005, 06:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2005, 07:05 AM by schultz.)
Re: Dim-witted bulb?
Not attached to scouts in the least...problem is I don't think that dive rite yellow is a DIR approved color. >Big Grin.  I picked up the mini-scout at a pretty reasonable price... one of those "well I guess I can take it off your hands" kind of things. Now I'm wishing I hadn't since I'll probably never use it due to the dimness.

Maybe I can duct tape the sucker to my ds-50 flash and use it as a modeling light.  ;D

I think I'll stick to mini Q40's since I have those in my inventory. Although I know LED's may be the way of future, I still like incandescent ones better.

I've used LED's in terrestrial caving and I still prefer my halogen headlamps to LED's from the same manufacturer. It's kinda like using regular bulbs versus compact florescent.... stupid, I know.

As far as replacing the bulb... it almost looks like it is glued into the light module, so I probably have to replace the entire module.  Thus Halcyon is  forcing the Microsoft philosophy of must buy our stuff even to  replace a stupid little bulb.

[headshake] It figures... [/headshake]

Messages In This Thread
Dim-witted bulb? - by schultz - 07-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Re: Dim-witted bulb? - by matt t. - 07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Re: Dim-witted bulb? - by WIdiver_Paul - 07-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Re: Dim-witted bulb? - by schultz - 07-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Re: Dim-witted bulb? - by matt t. - 07-26-2005, 05:45 PM