Remember me
Lost Password Register

"The Cave" just released on DVD
01-15-2006, 12:40 PM,
"The Cave" just released on DVD
Wow, just bought my copy of "The Cave", the hollywood production of an alien/predator monster action film about cave divers finding monsters in an underwater romanian cave. It's a little way out there if you haven't seen it, I had to start making a list of all the hollywoodisms in the movie. The whole thing is a little far fetched to say the least and mildly entertaining. I'd love to have some of the "gear" they use on there (24 hour rebreathers! "Sonic Imagers" that produce a 3d map of a cave BEFORE you explore it! Tiny tanks of pure oxygen you can breathe WITHOUT A REGULATOR to get yourself out of a 2.4 mile cave! Flame throwers fashioned out of a scuba tank! Caves that have MASSIVE dry sumps! Cave water in romania that doesn't produce hypothermia when wearing skin-tight wetsuits with no hood! Batteries that last for days without recharging! Massive boxes of gear you can drag with you through deep water so you can have coleman lanterns, laptops and fiber optic linkup with speech and video to your dive buddies! The list goes on...)

The bright spot of the DVD is obviously theĀ  "into the cave" interview with Wes Skyles and Jill Heinerth and breathtaking images of the Yucatan and some of the best caves in Florida. Some of the most accomplished cave divers participating in making this film, including Brian Kakuk, Jitka Hyniova and Woody Jasper using Meg rebreathers and their expertise in REAL cave diving to make these (no-name) movie "stars" look like (somewhat) real cave divers.

Whatever you do, don't do like my wife did and let your kids see this one, if you WANT them to ever go cave diving with you, that is.

Messages In This Thread
"The Cave" just released on DVD - by WIdiver_Paul - 01-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by Chris H - 01-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by matt t. - 01-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by Chris H - 01-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by Rik - 01-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by dfreeman - 02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
"The Descent" - by ethanb - 02-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by dfreeman - 02-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by matt t. - 02-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by scubert - 02-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Re: "The Cave" just released on DVD - by dfreeman - 02-09-2006, 05:53 PM