Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dry Gloves
08-05-2006, 09:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2006, 09:56 AM by LKunze.)
Re: Dry Gloves
I use the Diving Concepts glove/ring system.  They have worked out ok for me for the most part over the past 4 years.  I have had some flooding issues when using the wool liners because they shed real bad and have a tendency to leave behind little fibers that stick to the inner o-ring on the glove ring which I suspect was causing some of my leak issues.  I now use fleece liners instead.  As far as gloves go I am currently using the blue Atlas 495 gloves (the ones without the fuzzy yellow liners in them).  They work alright but the con is that they are bulky and can be a pain to work boltsnaps with.  I've also used plain rubber gloves that are less bulky and have much better dexterity but they don't seem to be as durable as the blue pvc coated gloves.  I've holed a couple pairs.  I'm still in search for the perfect glove.  :Smile Some people really hate the rings as they are kinda bulky but I don't mind that so much. 
On a side not, a dive buddy of mine made his own ring system using PVC that was turned on a lathe.  The rings are not as big in diameter as most rings I've seen on the market.  It's a similar system to the Viking system (not the bayonet system) but rather the one where you just pull the gloves over the plastic suit ring.  The rubber gloves used have a built in o-ring at end of the cuff and it seals over the outer plastic ring.  What's different about my buddy's system though compared to the Viking system is that the ring inserts inside the sleeve rather than being on the outside.  It goes in just past where the wrist seal meets the suit.  The rubber glove then is pulled over the top of the wrist seal onto the pvc ring and the o-ring on the glove cuff seals over the wrist seal.  Because the pvc ring inside the suit has a slight groove notched out in it the o-ring does not slide off of the wrist seal.  It's a pretty slick system in that you still have the wrist seal intact but you can very easily remove the rings out of the sleeve after each dive just by pulling it straight out.  You do not have to turn the sleeve inside out to install the suit sleeve ring and there are no rings needed to be installed on the gloves. 

Messages In This Thread
Dry Gloves - by Raiderswim - 08-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Re: Dry Gloves - by LKunze - 08-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Re: Dry Gloves - by matt t. - 08-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Re: Dry Gloves - by Swimjim - 08-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Re: Dry Gloves - by MikeS - 08-06-2006, 05:03 AM
Re: Dry Gloves - by Swimjim - 08-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Re: Dry Gloves - by Vtach - 08-12-2006, 03:36 PM