Remember me
Lost Password Register

Island City
08-14-2006, 04:43 AM,
Island City
Hit The lake Sunday with a plan to dive the Island City and Milwaukee from Port washington as we left less one diver in the A.M. the south winds did kick up but made good time south of Port washington,Hooking in took several trys
The dive was great as you will see the vis was 30' and was kicked up by us a bit and Jim was saving the local Bourbot-aka Lawyers from the fish net ( They were still alive)all over this not too often dived wreck, Some were dead too white jelly like blobs YUCK! with dead eyes on this wreck and she lays low on the lake floor so this not too often dived wreck was well worth all the work!
  The wreck it self is not dived too often as seen by some artifacts still left on her and the fact she could be a lethal dive if you wre to become snagged in the nets covering the wreck.
  It was a Great dive! vis was down a bit but waters warm and deco stops on the fly after we un hooked were a bit bouncy as we blew north but this wreck deserves a re visit soon.

Enjoy the video link as I did not edit it too much and stay tuned as I will Post The S.S.Milwaukee video we dived today too!

Dive Safe,
Brad

Messages In This Thread
Island City - by moneysavr - 08-14-2006, 04:43 AM
Re: Island City - by underwateraddict - 08-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Re: Island City - by LKunze - 08-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Re: Island City - by moneysavr - 08-14-2006, 04:58 PM