Remember me
Lost Password Register

Photos from Yucatan expedition
03-12-2007, 12:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2007, 12:41 PM by Tamara Thomsen.)
Re: Photos from Yucatan expedition
Something lost in translation there, Ethan...and to think, I already turned in my journal to ADM about how well you were doing with Spanish and in comparison how I was speaking like a kindergartner!

Steve-  
On the last day of the trip, we left Homun early to do a bit of the tourist thing.  We hit the ruins at Coba - depicted in the last photos in our albums.  The Nahoch Mul pyramid is the tallest on the Yucatan Peninsula and the last one open for tourists to climb. There were very few tourists in the park and it was a fantastic view from the top.

The photos of the Mayan stone structures (house) and walls within a cave are at a site called Tixcalcal near Sannahcat- a site that we located on last year's expedition.  The photos of the Sac Be (Mayan hand-cut stone road or white road) are from a site called Ebiiz.  Sac Be's found in caves very closely follow Mayan oral tradition- so this turned out to be a very promissing site for future archaeological study.

Tami

Messages In This Thread
Photos from Yucatan expedition - by ethanb - 03-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Re: Photos from Yucatan expedition - by stevenq99 - 03-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Re: Photos from Yucatan expedition - by ethanb - 03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Re: Photos from Yucatan expedition - by Tamara Thomsen - 03-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Re: Photos from Yucatan expedition - by stevenq99 - 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM