Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
01-24-2005, 07:34 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee
Hey Jon,
  Thanks for the info.
I would love to be there as I've seen your Ice video's and the folks at Pirate's Cove are Top Notch but I have a good problem/reason for not being there!
I'll be in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico: Cenote's Diving!
Lets see Ice Diving----Cenote's Diving?
Both exhilarating, but one is [glow=red,2,300]Way C00oooL Inner Space,[/glow]
and one is Way CccoLD!
  One ?
Although I've got two good cold water regs which have not given me problems in 41 deg water. Is it over kill to Ice dive with a redundant system?
Is one really needed?
I'm hopping to Ice dive some time this year or next but first I want to get Info!
Training / Experiance, Yes!
Certs, I don't really care!
  Opinions Accepted and appreciated!
       Thanks,
         Rik O+<
01-24-2005, 09:38 PM,

I plan to be there.  Kieth's outing at Lake Wazee usually has enough people that you can team up with others and enjoy a great ice dive.

Doug
01-30-2005, 08:52 AM,
Re:Lake Wazee

I have never dived in Nagawicka.  What the viz like in the summer and under the ice?
02-02-2005, 07:05 PM,
Again, just another reminder of this weekend's ice dive social on Lake Wazee, Saturday, Feb 5, 2005.  It will begin about 10:00 AM with the cutting of the hole.  Dive site will either be Sherwood Forest or behind the contact station, look for all the vehicles.  Food and hot drinks will be served all day for a modest fee.

We can't dive in Mexico all the time, sometimes we have to just grin and bear it and cut a hole in Wazee and say what the heck!  The weather is supposed to be beautiful.

Hope to see you there.

Andy
02-02-2005, 07:17 PM,
Andy,

Will see you there dude.

It will not be the Bahamas or Cozumel, but it will be diving and fun.

Doug

02-06-2005, 11:04 PM,
Ice diving in Lake Wazee was great on Saturday.  Sunny weather, 50-55 deg F temperatures, food and great diving all in one spot.  This is a sin or illeagal or both.  Just great conditions.

It was so nice out that Andy got confused about what to wear.

Even when watching the safety lines, it was a lot nicer conditions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Todd and Andy - 1 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.93 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Ice Hole - 56 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.46 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-06-2005, 11:10 PM,
The conditions under the ice wear really good.  You can see that just looking down through the hole.

.jpg_thumb   Ice Hole - 63 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.45 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Ice Hole - 69 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.34 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-06-2005, 11:15 PM,
Here is Todd checking out the wall and the fish crib that dropped off of the edge.  Really nice conditions and visibility.  Really nice, do not get conditions like this often.

As usual the temperature under the ice was 39 deg F.  Nice down here in a dry suit.

.jpg_thumb   Todd - 8 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.06 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Fish Cribs - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.14 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-06-2005, 11:18 PM,
You even meet some friends under the ice.  With this great visibility, this was really neat.  It seemed that you could see forever.

.jpg_thumb   Andy - 2 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 24.5 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Andy - 4 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-06-2005, 11:22 PM,
I often get asked if it is true that if you fall through the ice, you look for the hole by looking for the light spot or the dark spot.  Here are two pictures at slightly different angles.  You can see that depending on the angle, the contrast of the hole versus the ice changes.  Another myth busted.

.jpg_thumb   Ice Hole - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.83 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Ice Hole - 3 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.36 KB / Downloads: 0)