Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cozumel
01-18-2005, 01:04 AM,
Re:Cozumel
Glad to hear you had a great time Andy. That first dip in the big pond is always memorable. My wife is a dive widow too. Either we have to travel with another couple or I'm only allowed one day of diving. Post some pics!
--Jason
01-31-2005, 11:33 AM,
Re: Cozumel
Howdy,

Looks like your trip was awesome. The pics were really great.
I have a question, or three,  regarding them. What kind of camera did you use, were the settings the same for all u/w pics and what film speed (if not a digital)?
I have some pics from last weeks trip to Cancun that i'll try to post under that topic. Some were good and some were not so good. I am photo newbie for sure.
Any way thanks in advance for your help and posting your pics too. They're really enjoyable.

Chad
08-01-2006, 09:16 PM,
great pictures and reports.  will be in Coz in 11 days cant wait!
08-09-2006, 10:58 AM,
What kind of camera do you have?  I have many similar pictures from our trip to Cozumel in March that I took with a new Sea & Sea MX 10 with strobe, and I am unpleased with the camera.  (Could be me though. lol)  I had back scatter again (even on my shots for our photography section of our AOW class, grr) and the color was very washed out in most shots.  I guess we should have sent the film in for that special underwater processing. Confusedigh:
The only good diver is a wet diver.
05-31-2007, 05:29 PM,
I thought that I would take a moment and add some color to the board by posting a few pictures of a recent trip to Cozumel.  I took nerly 700 pictures but will not post them all.  We were at Reef Club and dove with Sand Dollar Sports.  Great diving a plenty of fun.

Everyone loves the turtles.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Reef Club - 1 - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Green Sea Turtle - 8 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-31-2007, 05:33 PM,
The sea turtlesseemed to like us a lot.  We say plenty of them.  There were also things that are hard to see.

.jpg_thumb   Green Sea Turtle - 16 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.3 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Flounder - 6 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.64 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-31-2007, 05:35 PM,
There were a lot of spotted moray eels, but they were a little shy.  Needed to look close to see them.

.jpg_thumb   Spotted Moray Eel - 8 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 47.71 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Spotted Moray Eel - 10 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.75 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-31-2007, 05:39 PM,
Some of the coral was very colorful.  This is with a strobe under a ledge to really bring out the color.

.jpg_thumb   Coral - 81 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 48.44 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Graysby - 8 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 45.52 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-31-2007, 05:41 PM,
There were hind also.

.jpg_thumb   Hind - 2 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Hind - 4 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 48.35 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-31-2007, 05:43 PM,
There are some classic fish in Cozumel.  I believe that you can name them.

.jpg_thumb   Queen Angelfish - 19 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.98 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Toadfish - 11 - Enhanced - Close-up - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 55.56 KB / Downloads: 0)