Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
09-08-2003, 06:45 PM,
Re:Lake Wazee
On this same dive, I hit a spot where there were some larger trees and a lot of bluegills. This is a nice spot that usually has large walleye, but none were to be found. Sad

There are plenty of bluegills in the lake and they are very colorful. They like to check you out and are agressive. Just a fun fish that likes to interact with divers. :Smile

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Dive_Club_Dive_-_Bluegill_-_75_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.98 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-08-2003, 06:52 PM,
Found some crappy in the fish cribs. I do not see them very often in the lake. Great for spear fishing. Tongue

I was a great Saturday of diving with the Central Wisconsin Scuba Club. Went to the Packer game on Sunday, should have gone diving.

Get out diving, take some pictures when you can.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Dive_Club_Dive_-_Crappy_-_9_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.25 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-08-2003, 07:09 PM,
Cool shots Smile I'm sorry I missed out on the weekend, but I still had fun. I like jumping out of airplanes ;D
09-16-2003, 05:40 PM,
Did some very nice diving at Lake Wazee, by the wall, over the weekend. Two good dives. The first dive started in a near rain storm and ended with sunshine.

The second dive was just relaxing.

In the first dive we visited the deep and ran into a nasty creature pictured below. This is quit a site in the dark. Those that have been there will know.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Gargoyle_-_7_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 34 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2003, 05:43 PM,
Came up to a more normal depth and noticed bass cruising along the wall. This is ways a lot of fun meeting up with the bass as you come up from the deep and the wall is very neat when you are near the sandstone sections.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Bass_-_69_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.85 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2003, 05:50 PM,
From the wall it is time to go to the fish cribs. Here the bluegills are more than a little interested. They also like to be fed. Here is one of the hungry devils now.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill_-_85_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.4 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2003, 06:11 PM,
I think I should help provide lighting on more of your shots Doug - that one of the gargoyle looks excellent - one of your best yet!
09-16-2003, 08:32 PM,
On the second dive I chased after some large walleye trying to get a good picture with no success. But I did catch this guy.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Walleye_-_22_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 41.78 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2003, 08:35 PM,
Near the same spot we have the bass. They still like to hang around at the top of the wall. They also like to swim along with you, hoping that you will kick up some food, like a tasty crawfish.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Bass_-_74_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
09-16-2003, 08:44 PM,
To end the dive, we visit the fish cribs. Usually there is a lot of bluegills here and they are very curious. This makes for a lot of fun. Who is checking out who in this oicture,

Once the diving is done, it is back to the real world and work and such. Get out and dive while you can, cold weather is coming. The fish and the other exciting things to see in the water are waiting.

I plan to go to Lake Wazee this weekend for camping and cleanup. Hope to dive with some of my good friends also. Big Grin

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Jason_and_Bluegills_-_5_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.61 KB / Downloads: 0)