Remember me
Lost Password Register

Deer stories
11-24-2008, 07:41 AM,
Deer stories
any good ones?
11-24-2008, 11:17 AM,
Re: Deer stories
It has been a bad hunting year for me...  Broke my arm back in August and that put an end to my hunting for this year...  My diving as well...  But two of my second cousins went hunting for the first time and both of them got small bucks!  Everyone else in my normal hunting party didn't get anything, just the two kids.  One of them, age 9, she got a 3 point buck at about 40 yards...  The other one, age 11, he got a 4 point buck at about 70 yards! 

My uncle did see one nice 12 pointer within about 20 yards of him, but it was not in an open shooting lane and then it went a way he did not expect and he never had a shot...

(By the way, this was all in Minnesota...)

Look forward to hearing some good stories! 
11-24-2008, 05:18 PM,
The WDNR needs to put deer on the endangered species list up here in northern WI!!!  I didn't see a damm thing.
11-24-2008, 09:23 PM,
It was brown, so it went down.  Meat in the freezer.  Got some more tags to work on.

Doug
11-24-2008, 10:24 PM,
where u at in northern Wisconsin i was in rice lake and it was probably the quietest season ive ever seen/heard although a guy in our group did shoot a wild boar
11-24-2008, 11:36 PM,
It is my understanding  ;D that hunting was pretty slow statewide this year. I hunt about 35 minutes west of Waupun in the Kingston/Dalton area. This is the first year since '91 that I didn't shoot at least 1 deer on opening weekend (usually it's 2-3). We're heading back up on Friday to try to serve up some "weeping and gnashing of teeth" to the local deer. As the last poster brought up though, I would rather get a shot at a wild boar that any deer. Some pictures of said boar would be cool if you have any.
11-25-2008, 07:23 AM,
I was in the Medford area and the deer were sitting tight.  They were out there and you have to push them.  Lots of fast moving deer and hard to shoot.

Hopefully the weather change will help.

Doug
11-25-2008, 07:46 AM,
My daughter and I were in Niellsville area, Not a deer in sight Sat. or Sun. Finally shot one Monday morning. The deer are there , no-one driving them
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DIVE!
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM,
Merrill
12-07-2008, 11:48 PM,
For all of you that can't find the deer they're in my parent's woods up north! Or at least a few of them! All joking aside the folks have an apple orchard in their back yard (maybe 8-10 trees) and a herd of between 5-10 deer come every day.  They also have a big garden in the summer...so where there's food.... you get the idea.  I feel bad that it's hunting season since we've watch 2 of them grow all summer as little fawns.  We also have a black bear that comes around once in a while.  Deer meat is yummy though, so good luck!  And it's one of the top choices of meat for very low cholesterol content!!!