Remember me
Lost Password Register

Eastern WI diving recommendations
06-07-2004, 07:44 PM,
Eastern WI diving recommendations
I'm attending a wedding in Green Bay at the end of June. I'd like to take a couple extra days and explore dive sites along Lake Michigan. I've done some stuff in Door County (Gills Rock) and a couple sites in Milwaukee (Willie/Dredge/Milwaukee). Is there anything I should check out inbetween? I would need to find charters or buddies that could dive during the weekdays (6/28-6/30). Any recommendations appreciated.
--Jason
06-09-2004, 03:14 PM,
Re:Eastern WI diving recommendations
Lots of really nice wrecks to dive in that area. 8)

Greg Such runs one of the best boats on the Lake and is located in that area. He is also the ONLY boat I trust for tech diving in this area.

Jon
06-10-2004, 05:35 PM,
Thanks for the recommendation Jon. I contacted Greg but unfortunately he is up in Makinaw that week. I'm still trying to find other options.
--Jason
06-10-2004, 06:57 PM,
Only unfortunate for you, I'll be in Mackinaw Wink

There are a few wrecks off Sheboygan, but I don't know if there are charters there or not. The Selah Chamberland and the Hetty Taylor are two that I have been on. They are in 80-105 ft. Silent World is the name of a VERY recreational shop in Sheboygan that may have info on a charter. The few times I have been there I haven't been impressed. They couldn't fill my tanks that had DIN valves on them :Smile
06-10-2004, 08:04 PM,
there is a charter out of sheboygan...I dont recall the name..he is new last year....contact silent world..he should have the info...if i recall correctly, he has a beautiful 40 ft cruiser as a six pack boat, but charges 100.00 for two dives. he was distributing his binder to most local shops in milwaukee, so some of them may have his info as well. I know underwater connection will have it.
GL
Dean
06-10-2004, 08:22 PM,
There was a guy up there who sunk his boat and then could only get it certified as a 6-pack. It made for lots of room when gearing up.

Mike Toch(sp?) also used to run a shop and a charter boat up in that area. I am not sure if he is still running either one.

Gert was just up in that area diving the Vernon and had over 50' of vis, at 200', without a light. The place is full of deep,and shallow, wrecks of all ages.
06-11-2004, 06:26 AM,

I briefly spoke to Mike and Karen Tock at Ghost Ships. They own the other shop in Sheboygan, Lakeshore Scuba Limited, but they said there weren't open right now and in the process of moving the store. I don't know if they run charters either, but it would be worth a try to get a hold of them. That was the shop I went to when I was in that area.
06-11-2004, 07:52 AM,
I dont know who runs it or if its open, but i just found the following on a google search:

Poseidon Dive Charters
2404 N 22nd St.
Sheboygan, WI

there was no telephone number
GL
Deano
06-11-2004, 07:54 AM,
That's Mike Tock's boat.

He's a good guy and I would certainly dive with him if Greg is out of town.

Jon
06-11-2004, 08:24 AM,
For inland you may want to check out these sites: