Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
12-18-2004, 03:10 PM,
Re:Lake Wazee
Here is Tom looking nice and relaxed. I like the efect that you get with the light.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Tom_Mask_-_10_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.08 KB / Downloads: 0)
12-18-2004, 03:11 PM,
A better picture of Tom at a lower depth.

.jpg_thumb   Tom_Mask_-_3_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.77 KB / Downloads: 0)
12-18-2004, 03:14 PM,
There are still a few fish hanging around. This bluegill is an example.

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill_-_212_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.06 KB / Downloads: 0)
12-18-2004, 03:17 PM,
What is the future going to bring this little guy. Will he be the master of the lake or lunch. Hope to see him again on the next dive.

Ice diving season is coming soon.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Bass_Fry_-_14_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.56 KB / Downloads: 0)
12-18-2004, 04:38 PM,
Is the ice diving going to be any good this year with the way the viz has been? My buddy and I did a dive in Iowa today and the water temp was 26, won't take long to freeze over now.

Thanks

12-18-2004, 07:32 PM,
We had similar conditions last year and the early ice diving was fantastic. We had tropical conditions for visibility. Temperature is another matter.

In Lake Wazee, I think the visibility issue right now is due to the high winds that we had early in the week. Especially where Andy dove, the erosion from waves can have a major effect. Saw this in a big way back in April.

I am sure that I will be there, ice diving away when the time comes.

Doug
12-30-2004, 06:57 PM,
Bad and good news folks. First the bad news for those who were going diving on the 1st or the 2nd in my case. Wazee is frozen over and they are ice fishing on it. The -20 degrees week we had last week sounded the death knell for open water. The good news is hopefully the ice will form nice and thick so we can get out ice diving. Last time I talked with Keith Cormican, he still plans on having Ice Diving Socials in February and March.

So I guess I'll have to do my first dive of 2005 in Cozumel next week instead of Wazee this week.

Andy
12-30-2004, 07:36 PM,
Mr Clean and that is a problem? coz ? LOL

I am going to Florida in Feb. So post when the March dive date is please. I might just have the hubby (dive sherpa in his words) drive down.

gail

12-30-2004, 09:01 PM,
anyone know the dates for the ice dive social at wazee this year? thanks...

carrie
12-31-2004, 05:38 AM,
I just emailed Keith last night to see when they are going to happen. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out!