Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
05-22-2005, 07:30 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee
Nah.  We just stared at it for a second and went on our way.  It'll be interesting to watch it travel.

I did like the mirrors on the one platform - very cool.  Noticed I need to work on my trim a little bit w/ my doubles on Smile
06-01-2005, 07:01 PM,
May presented some good diving at Lake Wazee.  The fish started to come out and the visibility was OK, about 20 feet.  Usually we see better visibility this time of year, but will take what we can get.  Was plenty cold in the lake, but one dry never go back. 

Diving along the wall in Lake Wazee is always a treat.  With the poorer than normal visibility, I took this picture in black and white since it is more dramatic.

The mirrors that Jason refers to were pretty neat.  It makes for one of the few self-portrait  that I get.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Jason - 103 - Enhanced - BW - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 15.52 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Doug and George - 1 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 31.99 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-01-2005, 07:08 PM,
The fish come out this time of year and present some neat photo oppurtunities.    The suckers have really shown up this year and I have even seen schools.  THe walleyes are on the move to.  It is always great fun to watch these fish do what they do.

.jpg_thumb   Sucker - 43 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Walleye - 34 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.68 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-01-2005, 07:16 PM,
Did I mention that I like to take pictures of bluegills.  They usually come back first to the trees.

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 217 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.19 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 215 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.23 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-01-2005, 07:25 PM,
The bluegills then take over the fish cribs and provide us with all sorts of entertainment.

You got to get into the water to see these sights.  Summer is here so even the wet suit crowd has no excuses left.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 231 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 42.23 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Bluegill - 233 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.92 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-02-2005, 08:54 AM,
nice pics as usual, I am hoping to get there this sunday and get some good dives in.
07-21-2005, 03:04 PM,
I'm coming this sept for a visit and my friend wants to take me diving there.  Where is it?  Mapquest draws a blank when I put in Lake Wazee.  What town is nearby? 

I use a drysuit out here (Puget Sound) - should I pack it with me or do shops in your area rent them?
07-21-2005, 03:16 PM,
try Blackriver Falls, WI or you can go to Wazee sports web site and follow the links.

it will be the warmest in sept but, a drysuit is always a good idea. its always cold at depth, mid to low 40's.
07-21-2005, 03:28 PM,
If you set mapquest to Black River Falls, WI you'll have no problem finding it.

I'd recommend the drysuit.  While surface temps are mid 70's right now, once you hit about 80-100' the water temp drops to 40.
07-24-2005, 08:14 PM,
Thanks (a bunch) looks like Wazee  (and my old stomping grounds of Lake Superior) may become a regular site (for me)  I'm flying back (to Green Bay) tomorrow to do an inspection on a house in Shawano (which I have an accepted offer on).  You all may have to give me a tour of Wazee once I move back Smile