Remember me
Lost Password Register

Red Granite...
01-04-2007, 12:55 PM,
Re: Red Granite...
Anybody have an update on Reg Granite? A buddy and I are planning to drive up on Saturday, but if the viz is still crap we may be better off going to Wazee.

Duane
Duane A. Johnson<br />www.precisiondiving.net
01-04-2007, 02:19 PM,
Duane,
I would consider the post just before yours to be up to date, it was just posted a couple days ago.
01-04-2007, 03:35 PM,
Yeah, but the post was on the surface. Just curious if it got any better at the deeper areas.
Duane A. Johnson<br />www.precisiondiving.net
04-14-2007, 06:53 PM,
I stopped by today.  From the surface you could see down about 10', and the fish haven't risen yet.  I did see a couple of trout and a spot on the east end that might have a couple of zebra mussels on the rocks.  They could also be snails.  Lots of floating logs.  Somebody has been clearing trees between the old bank and restruant.  Saw 2 fox snakes and a garter snake. 

With the amount of floating timber, you could make one heck of a bonfire.

Clean up party idea? 
DEW &gt;&ltWink)&gt;
04-21-2007, 11:43 PM,
Stopped in and got wet today.  Vis is pretty good for the first 10' then it gets real murky.  The gills have come up and were somewhat hungry.  Spotted a 18" sucker and a couple of nice bass.  Surface temp was 50 for about the first 10' then dropped to 41.  Caught up with the guys over by the restraunt and they found a bike and a dirt bike in the SE corner of the west bay.  From what I heard the vis opens up at 70'.
DEW &gt;&ltWink)&gt;
04-22-2007, 07:28 AM,
We had a great time diving and grilling and looking smart (easier to look smart then it is to talk smart).  The water was pretty green near the surface and the vis was actually pretty good in the 45-65ft range.    Around 85ft it got really cloudy and I got scared and didn't go any further.  I'm guessing that the surface temperature was around 45 and at depth, my computer said it was 37ish.

We didn't find a three wheeled bike, but we found a 3-speed bike...perhaps the stories got mixed up?  Unfortunately, it was a Huffy so it will cost more to repair than it would to buy a new bike.
05-11-2007, 12:08 PM,
Has anyone dived RG lately?  Conditions?
Thinking of heading out in the morining.
Thanks.
05-11-2007, 12:40 PM,
We were up there again last Saturday. We didn't go any deeper than 50 ft or so. Temps were in the low 40's, visibility was 10-15 feet. Lots of fisherman. Watch out for the hooks ;D.
05-11-2007, 04:58 PM,
Thanks.  I'm surprised it hasn't warmed more yet.
07-20-2007, 05:23 PM,
T-bag and I dove at Red Granite this afternoon to burn up some gas. Visibility was pretty bad until you got down to about 50 ft. Great visibility down to about 75 ft where it got really dark (and scary!). Bottom temps were 39-41. Lots of nice local scenery too!