Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
03-11-2006, 06:53 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee
Even got a good look at the anchore at 100 feet.  Nice diving and great fun.  No current and nasty sharks or damselfish to bother you.

Love that ice diving.

See you in the lake.

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Anchor at 107 - 5 - Enhanced - e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 40.16 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-03-2006, 09:14 AM,
Anyone checked Wazee lately?  Just curious about the current ice conditions.  I'm guessing it's melting fast...another week or two?
04-07-2006, 06:57 PM,
Just a note to let the board know that Wazee is ice free!!!!  The pool is open, let the diving begin.  This weekend would probably be a good time to dive in!

Andy
07-07-2006, 06:49 PM,
Anyone been to wazee lately,  Viz?
07-07-2006, 07:14 PM,
Out there about 2wks ago - viz was really good down to about 40', then got real hazy in the 40-100' range, then cleared up nicely below that.  Probably hasn't changed too much since then I wouldn't think.
07-07-2006, 09:57 PM,
Was out there Wednesday and the conditions are about the same.  May get a little better with less rain the last few days.

Doug
07-12-2006, 01:13 PM,
Good news, the DNR approved the permit for the boat to be sunk in Wazee.  This should be happening then in the next week or two as Keith's schedule permits.  I'm not going to say where it is going to be sunk until I get the go-ahead from Keith.
07-14-2006, 02:46 PM,
Okay, we've been up to Wazee a couple times now, last year, off the boat launch.  This year with Dog Days (ohmygod dry suits are cool, too bad we can't afford 'em. heh) and that was off the boat ramp too.

I keep seeing people say they saw this or they saw that...is there a dive map some place that shows where stuff is?  Last year I had a map that showed where the forest was, but we weren't advanced yet so hubby wouldn't let us go that deep. heh  I lost the map and the map we got at Dog Days is just the quarry, nothing about where anything is!
The only good diver is a wet diver.
07-15-2006, 08:44 PM,
Check out the John Janzen book about Wazee.  It is available for purchase at Wazee Sports or at the Contact Station in the park.  The book is a very informative resource for Wazee and has excellent maps and drawings.

Also, I was out divemastering for a group of open water students for their Dive 1&2.  Vis was fairly murky at 15-20 foot on average at the boat landing, but it was very busy at all dive sites.
07-18-2006, 06:16 PM,
First dive at Wazee.  Doug, you were right!  It was everything and more that you said it was!  What a treasure Wisconsin has for diving.  Something for everyone, from beginners to very advanced.  Wow.  The night diving was excellent.  Never had so much fun annoying sleeping fish in all my life! 

Doug, you are a great diver.  Just don't leave me at the bottom of the lake like that again  :'(  (kidding....kidding  :o)